Freedom Fridays #1: Freedom to Serve My Lord

Freedom FridaysPeople often ask me why I stick to the rules too much (It's hard to believe but it really does happen) and I just smile and tell them "Because I'm free to do just that." Now people nowadays, (especially young people) think that freedom is the absence of limitations/rules or living a life without restrains. But it's much more than that. If you're thinking being a rebel makes you free then you're free to think just that (yes, i notice I'm mentioning "free" quite alot in this post). But if you open your eyes, then you'll see you're really just a prisoner.


There was a time in my life when I failed to grasp the concept of liberty. I thought that if I can do anything I want, then I am free. But I've come a long way from those thoughts (if I may say so myself) and realized that the way I thought before made me a slave--a slave to the world. Because that's how the world looks at freedom, and I so eagerly adapted that thought. And I admit, I did that to be accepted. I rebelled (not that much, whew!) because of the "freedom" I yearned for, but it resulted to me being slave to the world. Sigh.


It's kind of ironic how those things they tell me I should be free to do are things that only would only enslave me. Meanwhile, I'm filled with joy because I feel no burden with me--It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.” My Savior set me free and I am now free to serve my God. Sin will never again oppress me!


Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor 3:17 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

The Sheepish Penda


with our prayers, assistance and love ♥

seventeen. 8th of March. inlove with JESUS!.Philippians 4:13 spaghetti, popcorn! hmmm.. Sweet Corn! PROUD pinay. Writing. Carla Bruni. Nursing (AdCU) BHCCCI. phoshop ! SINGLE, NOT LOOKING; girl @ the back FAMILY. aDORKable. AVID READER. ABRAHAM. TRU♥W8S. JEREMIAH 29:11 BORN AGAIN!

Follow Me!